#1 ✓resolved

A couple of install problems

Reported by cnk | July 26th, 2009 @ 10:19 AM

I tried to install external_search_sources in a clean Rails 2.3.2 app but am having a couple of issues. The install is OK, but the rake tasks for importing sources don't run. But I think they could, with a couple more lines in the docs.

$ rake external_search_sources:import (in /Users/cnk/rails/test) rake aborted!
Don't know how to build task 'external_search_sources:import:kete_horowhenua_images'

And for the DNZ Generic Results task, first I had to install acts_as_list as a plugin. No big deal, but could you add it to your list of requirements?

$ rake external_search_sources:import:dnz_generic_results (in /Users/cnk/rails/test) rake aborted!
undefined local variable or method acts_as_list' for #<Class:0x24ce29c>

$ script/plugin install acts_as_list

$ rake external_search_sources:import:dnz_generic_results (in /Users/cnk/rails/test) {"limit_param"=>"num_results", "title"=>"Results via DigitalNZ", "source_target"=>"search", "base_url"=>"http://api.digitalnz.org/records/v1.rss/?api_key=[api_key]&amp;sear..., "source_credit"=>"

Powered by
", "source_type"=>"feed", "more_link_base_url"=>"http://search.digitalnz.org/search?search_text="} "Inserting search source 'Results via DigitalNZ failed: No API key provided for search source that requires one.."

Is it possible for you to include a link to where one would get an API key for DigitalNZ?

Actually the main reason I am installing this (other than it sounded cool when I heard about it on the RailsEnvy podcast) is I wanted to check out how you handled writing tests for an engine. Right now almost all of them are failing - but I suspect that might be because I don't have a search source. I have about 10 errors like the following:

1) Error: (SearchSourceTest): ArgumentError: Object is not missing constant SearchSource!

/test/search_source_test.rb:178:in `test_Sort_entries_returns_a_hash_with_expected_values'

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • Kieran P

    Kieran P January 6th, 2010 @ 12:27 PM

    • State changed from “new” to “resolved”
    • Assigned user set to “Kieran P”

    Hey cnk,

    I apologise for the delay in responding to this ticket. Lighthouse didn't notify me that it existed. I've changed the settings so this doesn't happen again.

    All issues you listed were valid during my test install. I've now fixed them all and pushed the changes to the Github repo.

    Thank you for reporting them.


  • SebastianKirby

    SebastianKirby November 22nd, 2020 @ 01:25 AM

    Kete provides a discussion board and ticket system to discuss issues. I wish it was this easy to get help with java homework with such detail and explanation. It's a task to find an answer to a question. It would be nice to get all answers from a single place.

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile ยป

Display results from external search sources edit

Shared Ticket Bins

People watching this ticket